Why is Digital Marketing in South Africa Important?
If you are a digital marketing agency owner in South Africa then this article contains valuable information for your future marketing strategies. Whether your focus is Social Media Management, Google Ads or Website Development, the following stats may help steer you in the right direction. Statistics indicate that as of January 2022, there were 41.19 million active internet users in South Africa. According to the same report, it was also found that 28 million internet users in the country used social media, which was around 46 percent of the total population.
There were 38.19 million internet users in South Africa in January 2021. · The number of internet users in South Africa increased by 1.7 million (+4.5%) between 2020 and 2021.
Internet penetration in South Africa stood at 64% in January 2021. It is thus evident that these are ever–increasing numbers and that the need for Digital Marketing Agencies in South Africa are being used and will be even more so with such increasing growth.
Today, about 20 to 22 million people in South Africa use a smartphone, which accounts for about one-third of the country’s population. The overall number of mobile connections is much higher, with more than 90 million, as feature phones are still popular and widely used in the country and on the continent.
Over 90 percent of the global internet population uses a mobile device to search online.
As of May 2022, 52.79% of the total web visits are mobile, compared to 47.21% from desktops.
With such statistics, it is evident that every business must have a prominent online presence. For your business to be known for marketing purposes, interacting with clients, exposing your brand, and providing top service with quick response to clients, it’s a no-brainer that your business needs to be set up in cyberspace by a reputable, experienced Cape Town Digital Marketing Agency.
Marketing professionals will assist you in achieving your goals to enable your business to grow.
We live in a fast-paced world where people are impatient, stressed, in a rush, and often multi-tasking. While doing one thing, they are always seen with their mobile phones doing something else. They will move on if they can’t find what they are searching for within the first few seconds.
A skilled and experienced digital marketer will know exactly how to catch the attention of the person searching by implementing methods, one of which is search engine optimization.
To build your brand and get it known and recognized, grow your client base, and expose the services you offer, allow a reputable marketing agency in Cape Town to set up your business online.
If you don’t yet have a presence, do it now.
An online advertising marketer can target an audience based on website content, geography, gender, age, and device type. The marketer can show a suitable ad to the relevant customer, which helps in decreasing the budget and increasing sales for the company. This has replaced billboards and posters of days gone by. A professional SEO expert is also an important part of digital marketing.
It speaks for itself that Digital Marketing has a significant and highly influential role in the marketplace. Not only is it here to stay, but with its plethora of benefits that outweigh traditional marketing, it can only grow and develop with innovative technology daily.
Thus, as a business without an online presence, one may as well close one’s doors as the demise of one’s business is undoubtedly guaranteed. It is thus easy to deduce that every business needs an online presence. Furthermore, without enlisting a Cape Town Digital Marketing Agency, it is almost as futile as trying to do it yourself. Being such a highly professional and results-driven business, an experienced digital marketer will know exactly how to implement the best strategy for your business. It is not something that one can try and do oneself.
In the Medical World, we go to the relevant specialist when we are ill. We know that it would be insensible to try and extract our own teeth, repair a broken bone or operate on our hearts. Advertising your business works on the same principle. Leave it to the professionals who know what they are doing to achieve your business’s best results.
Who Requires Digital Marketing?
While the short answer would be “EVERY BUSINESS,” we have selected a handful as an example. However, as we have deduced that every business needs a digital presence to achieve its goals and expose its brand, there isn’t a business that doesn’t need online marketing as this is the current way of marketing and undoubtedly here to stay.
It will merely develop exponentially in the future, but no business can expect to stay afloat if it falls behind. Without a digital presence, business is paralyzed, and a financial future is crippled.
- Ecommerce businesses sell goods online and rely heavily on website traffic.
- Auto Dealerships.
- Restaurants & Bars.
- Law Firms.
- Contractors/Construction Companies.
- Moving Companies.
- Fitness and Nutrition.
- Food Industry.
- Digital Marketing Agencies themselves.
Call on a Digital Marking Agency to assist you with:
- Marketing software to help you attract the right audience, convert more visitors into customers, and run complete inbound marketing campaigns at scale.
- Sales CRM software to help sales teams close more deals, deepen relationships, and manage their pipeline more effectively.
- Customer service software that helps you conduct seamless onboarding enables flexible customer support and deepens customer relationships at scale.
- Flexible content management software for marketers and influential developers gives your customers a personalized, secure experience.
- Operations software lets you easily sync, clean, and curate customer data and automate business processes.
- Creating brand awareness
- Achieving growth and success.
Create your online presence, expose your brand, be known in the marketplace, and build up your client base by using an intuitive innovative and integrated digital marketing agency in Cape Town. Let the team of experts assist you and your business in achieving your goals.
South Africa’s population in 2022
- South Africa’s total population was 60.40 million in January 2022.
- Data show that South Africa’s population increased by 724 thousand (+1.2 percent) between 2021 and 2022.
- 50.8 percent of South Africa’s population is female, while 49.2 percent of the population is male.
- At the start of 2022, 68.3 percent of South Africa’s population lived in urban centre’s, while 31.7 percent lived in rural areas.
Note: gender data are currently only available for “female” and “male”.
South Africa’s population by age
The median age of the population in South Africa is 28.1.
For additional context, here’s a look at how the population in South Africa breaks down by age group:
- 9.4 percent of South Africa’s population is between the ages of 0 and 4.
- 15.3 percent of South Africa’s population is between the ages of 5 and 12.
- 8.9 percent of South Africa’s population is between the ages of 13 and 17.
- 11.3 percent of South Africa’s population is between the ages of 18 and 24.
- 17.2 percent of South Africa’s population is between the ages of 25 and 34.
- 15.1 percent of South Africa’s population is between the ages of 35 and 44.
- 10.2 percent of South Africa’s population is between the ages of 45 and 54.
- 6.9 percent of South Africa’s population is between the ages of 55 and 64.
- 5.7 percent of South Africa’s population is aged 65 and above.