Choosing a Web Partner in South Africa
If you had to perform a search on Google for a “web partner“, or “web designer in Cape Town“, you will be flooded with hundreds of search results all offering the same thing and very often presenting the same message. These can be similar to “Best Website Designer Cape Town” or “web partner South Africa“. Do any of them stand out? How do you find the most trusted company to work with?
Perhaps you want to work with a web company that is close to your location. You may feel more comfortable and secure spending money with a local company with enough reviews on Google to indicate that they are reputable and trustworthy.
When it comes to choosing a website design company, it can be very difficult to know which website company to choose or which to even start a conversation with. A good indication would be when viewing their own website, how easy is it for you to deduce whether or not they provide the service you are looking for. If not easy at all, then chances are they do not understand the important of user experience. If you know within the first 15 seconds of landing on their website that they have the solution to your problems, then go ahead and request a meeting.
Another problem you are faced with is the vast difference in price. They can range from as low as R1500 to over R50,000 and this can confuse you even more. What is the difference between a cheap website and an expensive website?
In my experience, it can be difficult and time consuming to find the right company and you don’t need to spend ridiculous amounts of money on a website these days.
With platforms such as WordPress, you can have a great website with very good functionality designed at a good rate of between R5000 and R15,000 depending on your needs. You want to make sure that you connect with the right company that will meet all your needs. It is important to note that building a website is not enough to get traffic. You will need additional strategies such as SEO and/or Google Ads.
Important things to consider when you hire a website designer:
- What is the goal of your website and does your designer understand your needs.
- Does your web designer provide you with a mobile responsive website?
- The website needs to include multiple call-to-actions such as “book now” buttons.
- Make sure people can find what they need easily without too many clicks.
- Try use images that are unique to your business.
- Your website should have a SSL certificate.
- Include an embedded Google map on your website for your location.
- Make sure you have enough content for the website as search engines like Google rely on content.
- Make sure your website is a true reflection of your brand.
- Make it easy for customers to connect with you via a Contact page or a Live chat option.