Service Level Agreement | Terms & Conditions
Updated 12 August 2022
Deep Thought Media Company Goals
Deep Thought Media strives to provide an excellent and personalized service to all our customers, partners, and third-party providers/suppliers. We will always do our best to meet expectations and be a credible, reliable, and trustworthy digital agency.
We provide the following exceptional services to our customers:
- Web design and development
- Website hosting
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Google Ads (PPC advertising)
- Social Media Marketing Packages
- Facebook & Instagram ad campaigns (PPC advertising)
- Email Campaigns
DTM Sales Responsibility
DTM Sales are responsible for determining the workability of each customer brief and liaising with the customer and DTM Fulfillment, until final handoff.
All services/job acquired by DTM Sales must be quoted, approved, and signed off by Sales Director Jared Parnell.
The clients’ billing and company details will be loaded to Quickbooks by Accounts and a Quote/Proforma/Invoice will be sent to the client for payment.
Once deposit or full payment is received, a “Project” must be created on Asana (or in the case of an existing customer, a new “Task” must be created and assigned to the existing customer “Project” profile on Asana) and assigned to DTM fulfillment or the relevant department along with:
- Detailed brief
- Google drive link (or similar)
- All relevant supporting documents and information
DTM Fulfillment Responsibility
- The DTM fulfillment team is responsible for the planning and execution of all services acquired by DTM Sales. All services/jobs will be managed and completed within the designated and agreed upon time (assuming that all information and payments by customers/partners are made on time and provided for on a Google drive or similar).
- All services/jobs will be loaded to Asana by DTM Sales and assigned to either Jason Rinquest or the relevant department.
- The client must supply all required content for DTM to begin work.
- The client is responsible for submitted accurate information pertaining to their business, DTM does not accept responsibility for incorrect data, spelling or grammar mistakes or images submitted that do not belong to the client.
- All login relevant information must be provided by the client (depending on service provided), that DTM may need to commence work such as:
- Website admin login and/or hosting console login
- Social media account login information
- Permissions in the case of Facebook accounts
- Google ads or analytics access
- The client must provide payment before work is commenced. In the case of social media and Google Ads, we require full payment in advance. For website or similar, we require a 50% deposit.
Feedback & Communication
Only the following Communication channels are to be utilized to help all teams meet their goals and contribute to the company’s goals.
- Email – Clients must submit all relevant information and briefs via email or to the provided Google drive.
- Video meetings – Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams or similar
- WhatsApp group chats for meetings however we do not want to accept changes and updates from clients via WhatsApp, they must be emailed to avoid problems. DTM will not accept responsibility for content submitted via WhatsApp.
- All communications to be responded to must be sent during DTM office hours which are currently:
- Mon – Thursday 9am to 5pm
- Friday – 9am to 4pm
- Closed Saturday and Sunday
As a company, we always do our best to respond as soon as possible to all queries by Customers, Sales/Partners, or Team Members. Should we not be able to respond immediately or same day for any reason, we pledge to respond within 24 hours to any emails, calls or requests.
Quotes – all quotes will be responded to within 24 hours (business days)
Through reporting we may determine successes/failures, so it is important that DTM has access to all the relevant reporting consoles/platforms.
These may include Google Analytics &Search console, Google ads, Social Media accounts, Mailchimp, etc.
Reports will be submitted monthly (when required) and will follow the DTM standard report format.
Note: not all services require reporting, mainly SEO, Google ads and Social Media campaigns are included where relevant to show complete transparency to our customers on how their budgets are spent and how effective the campaigns are.
Fulfillment & Due Dates
For the services we provide, when work needs to be actioned, we aim to work within the below time frames:
- Web design and development – 30 Days from receiving payment. This may vary depending on the size and functionality as well as content supplied. Websites require a 50% deposit to commence work.
- Website hosting – Within 24hrs for a new available domain (domain transfers and email transfers can vary due to current host permission). Each hosting client will receive support when there is a bug fix or problem with the hosting service. When it comes to emails or set up on multiple devices, the hosting client receives 1-hour free support a month. (See Web Hosting features)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – We run monthly from the 1st.
- Google Ads (PPC advertising) – Loaded within 48 hours from receiving payment.
- Social Media Marketing Packages – We require 7 to 10 days to prepare months copy and designs with strategy. Clients must provide all the necessary login details and admin permissions to Social Media accounts.
- Facebook & Instagram ad campaigns (PPC advertising) – Loaded within 48 hours from receiving payment.
- Mailchimp Email Campaigns – Loaded within 48 hours from receiving payment. (When urgent, exceptions can be made to do same day)
- Reporting & Analytics – When required, reporting will be submitted monthly between the 1st and 3rd day of the month.
NOTE REGARDING PAYMENTS: All services/products require advance payments (customer pays for the upcoming month), except for web design. All website work requires a 50% deposit, balance to be paid on completion.
Technology & Software
Website Design & Development
Depending on the size, functionality, and purpose of the website, we utilize the following technology which we either include a valid license or we integrate a plugin that is freely available. We only use and recommend plugins/add-on’s that we believe work well, are constantly maintained by the creator and are highly reviewed.
If there is a plugin that is required to a certain function which incurs a cost onto the customer, DTM will advise the cost thereof and supply details of where and how the customer may purchase the plugin. Some are once-off fees while others may have an annual fee.
We are extremely proficient in the below technologies and use them for our customers (where relevant):
- WordPress CRM
- Divi – Visual builder with lifetime license (required for updates)
- Divi DB – capture form submissions with lifetime license
- Live chat – such as Whatsapp chat add-on
- Yoast SEO plugin
- Akismet anti-spam
- E-commerce (free plugins)
- Woocommerece – ecommerce platform for online sales and products
- Payment Gateway – Payfast / PayFlex / PayPal or similar
- Advanced product search
- Advanced product filtering
- Floating side cart for increased conversions
Website Hosting & Emails
- Security Certificate (SSL)
- Daily Backups
- Firewall Security
- 9% Uptime
- PHP expert settings
See our website hosting packages for pricing and plans.
Included maintenance and support:
- Monthly theme and plugin updates in case of WordPress
- Up to 1 hour monthly* – Addressing website security or other issues, or content updates. Mailbox creation, remote configuration, or troubleshooting^
* 1 hour in total consisting of (whichever comes first or a mixture of) website work mentioned or mailbox setup/troubleshooting.
^ Mail problems can range from OS, Firewall to Mail Client issues and more
- Note: When your monthly support limit is reached, an option will be given to continue running additionally billing
- Any request outside the scope of a simple functional mailbox setup via a mail client is for additional billing
When any of your limits are reached – we will present you with appropriate options